Friday, June 1, 2012

KJ-52: You got to respect him

     
     KJ-52 is one of the most underrated rappers in Hip-Hop. I believe he deserves to be seen as a legend in Christian Hip-Hop. KJ-52 was making quality music when Christian Hip-Hop was not getting close to the bar the secular industry raised. The first time I was introduced to KJ’s music was about 7 years ago at “acquire the fire” (Youth Conference). To be completely honest I’m not a big fan of everything he does. I feel a lot of his verses are not that lyrical and his flow is not the most complex but I admit that he has excellent verse at times and he I think he makes hit songs. I don’t think his flow is out of this world but it definitely is solid and his voice works for a rapper. You may wonder why exactly I think he is a legend; I feel he is a legend because he brought Christian Hip-Hop to a larger crowd through his ability to successfully fuse Hip-Hop with Contemporary Christian Music. He has won many awards like the GMA dove’s and has hustled for the cause of Christ in ways many artists only talk about doing. I love KJ-52 as an overall artist. His social network grind is ahead of the game in many ways, just one look at his YouTube page and Facebook page will show you how many people support his movement.KJ-52 is constantly working on something; it could be on an album, a freestyle Friday video or some type of devotional.  KJ-52 may not be my favorite rapper but he is above average and his impact on the game cannot undermined. You got to respect him. 

Dope Song: 

You sure you want to battle KJ-52?


No comments:

Post a Comment