Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Lil Raskull - You Got To Respect Him


Christian Hip-Hop has grown significantly in recent years. We now have artist selling over 100,000 units and touring full time. It wasn’t always like this in Christian Hip-Hop. Many times we don’t realize the blood, sweat and tears it has taken for the Gospel Hip-Hop movement to get to where it is now. Many times we forget to acknowledge the pioneers of the game. One emcee that you got to show honor to because the honor is definitely due is Delbert Harris aka Lil Raskull, a Christian Hip-Hop legend from Houston Texas. Lil Raskull is a certified veteran that has been performing since 1993. He decided to dedicate his gift to God in 1995. Harris is known by many to be a legend in Christian Hip-Hop; he has toured across the nation and was an artist on one of the most influential record labels “Grape Tree Records”. Ras has sold thousands of units and is associated with top selling acts like Nuwine, Pettidee, Tre9 and LG Wise. Lil Raskull is an artist I feel that some new Christian Hip-Hop fans need to be introduced to. I started listening to Ras in middle school shortly after I got saved. He has always been one of my favorites. I remember “Down South” being one of the hottest Christian Hip-Hop records out. The ‘‘Buzz Word” is the album I purchased around 2007-2008. If you don’t know about Lil Raskull, research the man and get to know him. He is one of the greatest ever. His contribution to the movement should never be undermined. He represents the Christ in excellence. I noticed he hasn’t dropped as much material as he use to in the last few years but that’s because he is working on some other big projects God has for him. I hope he creates some more dope records in the future. If not, he is still a beast. You can’t take away anything he has done. 




2 comments:

  1. What's up fam...blessings out to my brother @fynishline! As our Lord Jesus and Ras be my witness...I spoke those words to Ras a few weeks back. He has been such a blessing to the Kingdom of God through through his gifts and talents.

    Because of Ras I have been inspired to pursue my call into the Holy Hip Hop Music Ministry and I have ttraveled to different countries. I believe that some of the lives that have been saved...Ras will receive credit for. I have opened up for him many times since 1998 and can bodly say that he loves God and will do anything for Him who saved us. @juaneldon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's powerful. He has definitely been an inspiration on me as well. God bless you bro.

      Delete